Stereoscopic Events Cameras for Particle Physics, by W. T. Davies, Oxford, c.1950
|Inventory Number:|| 14675|
|Object Type:|| |
Dr William T. Davies (Designer)|
|Brief Description:||Two stereoscopic cameras mounted on a wooden stand and base as one unit. Used in particle physics experiments. Designed for his own experimental work as part of the High Energy Physics group (of which he was co-founder) in the Clarendon Laboratory, Oxford, in the late 1940s or early 1950s.|
|Primary Inscriptions:||Brass plaque on base: 'BILL DAVIES | from colleagues at the | CLARENDON LABORATORY | 1979'.|
|Provenance:||Presented by Mrs J. Hamp in 2015. Designed by the donor's father Dr W. T. Davies for his particle physics experiments, and given to him as a retirement gift from the Clarendon Laboratory, Oxford.|
There are no associated narratives.