History of Science Museum: Collection Database Search

Record Details

Radcliffe Positive Pressure Respiration Pump

preview image for Radcliffe Positive Pressure Respiration Pump
Inventory Number: 10541
Object Type:
Accession Number: 1998-7
Brief Description: Electrically powered Oxford inflating bellows used to deliver air to a patient. Originally developed for polio patients.

Wooden box which opens from two sides with a handle and two dials on top. Containing a mechanism including a cylindrical black tank and a round toothed wheel. White plastic cord with three-pronged plug at the end.

Invented in 1956.
Provenance: Transferred from the Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, John Radcliffe Hospital.
Collection Group:
Material(s): Wood
Metal
Textile Plastic
Rubber
Dimensions:
Height Width Depth Diameter Unit
325 220 179 mm

Narratives

Image with multimedia irn 47411

Permalink: http://www.mhs.ox.ac.uk/object/inv/10541