Orrery Collection in print
The Orrery collection was first published by R.T. Gunther in Early Science in Oxford, vol. I (Oxford, 1923), 378-382. Gunther included a transcription of Thomas Wright's "An Inventory of the Mathematicall Instrumts: in the Library of the Rt Honble: ye Earl of Orrery Deceast" of 17 September 1731, adding numbers to Wright's list.
The manuscript inventory remains at Christ Church; the Museum has a negative photostat in its Collection files.
Anthony Turner provides an illustrated study of the collection in Early Scientific Instruments: Europe 1400-1800 (London: Sotheby's, 1987), 231-254.
- Featured instrument label
- Copernican armillary sphere
- Inventory no. 22252 - Former Display Label
- Orrery Collection: 1731 Inventory
- Accession Record : Extract from Annual Report for 1925
- Former Display Label - The Orrery Collection of Scientific Instruments
- Former Display Label - The Principal Makers of Instruments in the Orrery Collection