Inv. 62524 - Patent
MS Museum 30/1 is an extract from an unknown periodical of presumably the 1780s, reprinting the text of Storer's (lapsed) patent. There is no indication that the document belongs with the object, but it does suggest that Storer was patenting an arrangement of lenses (and mirrors) for improved light gathering which could be applied to various instruments, such as the solar microscope, as well as the camera obscura.
- William Storer - surviving instruments as of Feb 2008
- Inventory no. 62524 - Inscriptions
- Inv. 62524 - parts and operation
- Reflex Camera Obscura with Improved Lenses
- Inventory no. 62524 - Former Display Label