THE Museum’s most recent special exhibition ‘Cameras: the Technology of Photographic Imaging’, which proved popular with the general museum-visiting public over the summer, has now closed.
The exhibition was accompanied by several publications. An eight-page leaflet provided an overview of the exhibits, with sections on both the cameras themselves and the early images also displayed. An additional section focused on one of the photographers represented: Sarah Angelina Acland (1849-1930). Miss Acland was the daughter of Sir Henry Acland, the Regius Professor of Medicine, and lived on Broad Street across the road from the Museum in a house since demolished to make way for the New Bodleian.
As well as the exhibition leaflet, a short handlist of the exhibits was also available on request. In addition to these printed publications, a comprehensive electronic catalogue, fully illustrated and with detailed descriptions, was provided in the gallery on computer. Following the closure of the exhibition, this electronic catalogue has been made available via the Museum’s website, together with an electronic version of the exhibition leaflet.